19.8.10

:PERSONAL: Jake's Birthday

Jake's Birthday
I don't know where I'd be without Jake and his generosity. He has done nothing but put his good faith in me, introduce me to people, flaunt my work, etc... I decided I would try and repay him with a custom poster for his birthday.

Since he is a DJ, and loves him some Bowie, I decided to go with a bit of inspiration from the song "D.J." It's just perfect. I was going for an old headphone ad--probably anywhere from the late 50's-early 70's. It's not super specific. Especially since they didn't make headphones like that in the 50's or 60's. Nor was this song even written in the early 70's (it's 1979, for your information). Anyway, I based it off of a 50's furniture ad, down to the diagonal type. The only issue is the lo-res stock headphone photo. I probably could've taken my own, but that would've been a LOT of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment