6.12.10

:WEDDING: Emily & Derek's Invitations

IMG_3173
Emily is my big sister. She got engaged to Derek in May and I asked immediately if I could do her invitations. It took quite a while to actually start, because there was some uncertainty about what kind of look and style she wanted. Eventually I just whipped something up and it worked out. She's as traditional as I am un-traditional, so it was interesting to find a way to achieve something that was elegant, formal and classy, while also being modern and a bit hip. Not only that, but this style is a good base for anyone (and it looks good in any color).
IMG_3177
IMG_3174IMG_3175
I offered to not only design everything, which included the invitation, an RSVP card, and a pair of maps, but to print them all out as well. Wow. That was quite an undertaking. My biggest project ever, and most backbreaking by far.
IMG_3186
The Epson WorkForce 1100
I got the Epson WorkForce 1100 for my birthday last year and it proved itself to be very valuable for this project. I used nice, heavy 140 lb watercolor paper and it prints like a dream. Archival quality ink, too. I had some issues with Epson a few times, and I'm still a little peeved at them, but not taking it out on the printer. The Printer is a rockstar.
IMG_2550
IMG_3185
For these types of project obviously it's extra good to have a self-healing cutting mat, a cork-backed ruler, and a utility knife (razor blades work, but your fingers will not thank you.)
IMG_2574
Although it does seem to happen no matter what.

Me after 3 hours of cutting out the maps.

Me after 1.5 hours of cutting out the inviations.

After folding, and double-sided printing, and cutting, and lots of BS with epson.... It was an extremely exhausting process, but I'm proud of myself that I was able to pull it off. I did everything myself, and that's pretty awesome. Would I do it again? Yes, but it would have to be for a lot of money.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you cut yourself. You have a really awful utility knife. Get a new one.

    ReplyDelete