16.1.10

:ILLUSTRATION: Kat's Birthday


So, I mentioned in my other blog that I've been taking a lot of inspiration from illustration in the 1960s lately. I love the imperfection and hand-drawn quality of it. Plus it's fun. My best friend Kat's birthday was in the middle of December, and I knew I had to make something special and custom. I thought I could try to do some fancy typography on a card, but what would I write? I figured this was easier, because she's quite a big personality with lots of colorful clothing (pretty much the opposite of me). Plus we both love Retro. I drew this up, and the only thing I did wrong was the legs. They're kinda shapeless, but I'm still not very experienced in my illustrations.

For this I took a lot of inspiration from Shag.

I think she liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment